Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “Regulation”), the Data Controller is Crisis Classroom CIC, a company incorporated in England and Wales with Registered Number 10640177 and Registered Office at Flat 6, 5 First Avenue, Hove, East Sussex BN3 2FG, United Kingdom.
The Data Officer is Darren Abrahams – [email protected]room.com
We operate this website (“site”) for the use and benefit of persons connected with the activities of Crisis Classroom CIC.
What we collect
We may explicitly collect the following information:
- Your name, company name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Your IP address
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, we must ensure that your personal information is:
- Treated fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Only collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than is necessary
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate measures.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about our processing of your personal data
- Request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- Request that your personal data is amended if inaccurate and that incomplete personal data is completed
- Request the restriction or suppression of your personal data
- Request the erasure or deletion of your personal data
- Move, copy or transfer personal data (Data Portability) - where the
processing is based on consent or for the performance of a contract
and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Be informed about automated decision-making and profiling.
If you want to exercise one of those rights you should e-mail us at [email protected]
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at [email protected] We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please note that we may need to take steps to verify your identity before considering your request. You will receive a response from us within one month of receipt of a valid request.
What we do with the information we gather
Where we require this information, it is collected to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Marketing purposes. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Internal record keeping and/or for improving our products and services
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail where you have provided such permissions.
- We may use the information to customise this website and our services according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other services or websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third party websites, who may in turn store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Google Tag Manager